The Cancer Research & Education Advisory Council was established in 1980 to provide guidance from the medical, corporate, and private sectors. The council members — who volunteer their help — have been valuable team players, and their willingness to provide energy and guidance to the center is greatly appreciated by its faculty researchers, students and staff.
Cancer Research and Education Advisory Council members:
(in alphabetical order)
- Brent Benkelman, DDS, Manhattan, Kan.
- Edie Dahlsten, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Hank Doering, MD, Manhattan, Kan.
- James N. Haymaker, MBA, K-State Alumni Fellow, Key West, Flo. (not pictured above)
- Mary Jo Heyka, RN, Council Grove, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Mike & Elaine Jacobson, PhDs, Fort Worth,Tex.
- Ken Jennison, Salina, Kan.
- Clifton C. Jones, MD, Topeka, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Robert J. Kinders, PhD, K-State Alumni Fellow, Walkersville, Md. Read more about Dr. Kinders
- Dave Lewis, Manhattan, Kan.
- Beverly Lueers, Topeka, Kan.
- Maj. Gen. Harvey McCarter, USAFR, Ret., Fairview, Tex.
- Lorene Oppy, Manhattan, Kan.
- Albert Perry, MS, Potomac, Md. (not pictured above)
- Sandy Regier, Overland Park, Kan. Read about the Regier family
- Jack Ryan, Manhattan, Kan.
- Bill D. Snyder, MA, K-State Head Football Coach, Manhattan, Kan. (not pictured above)
- JCRC interim director & assoc. director Keith Chapes & Mark Weiss
Emeritus Council Members
- Former Kansas Governor John Carlin, Manhattan, Kan.
- R. Clay Harvey, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- Ed Petrik, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- James M. and Cibyl C. Ronen, St. John, Kan.
- William Stamey, PhD, Manhattan, Kan.