The Cancer Research & Education Advisory Council was established in 1980 to provide guidance from the medical, corporate, and private sectors. The council members — who volunteer their help — have been valuable team players, and their willingness to provide energy and guidance to the center is greatly appreciated by its faculty researchers, students and staff.
Cancer Research and Education Advisory Council members:
(in alphabetical order)
- Brent Benkelman, DDS, Manhattan, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Edie Dahlsten, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Hank Doering, MD, Manhattan, Kan.
- James N. Haymaker, MBA, K-State Alumni Fellow, Key West, Flo.
- Mary Jo Heyka, RN, Council Grove, Kan.
- Mike & Elaine Jacobson, PhDs, Fort Worth,Tex. Read about the Jacobsons in our 2013 Conquest magazine
- Ken Jennison, Salina, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Clifton C. Jones, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- Robert J. Kinders, PhD, K-State Alumni Fellow, Walkersville, Md. Read about Dr. Kinders in our 2016 Conquest magazine
- Dave Lewis, Manhattan, Kan.
- Beverly Lueers, Topeka, Kan.
- Maj. Gen. Harvey McCarter, USAFR, Ret., Fairview, Tex.
- Lorene Oppy, Manhattan, Kan.
- Albert Perry, MS, Potomac, Md. (not pictured above)
- Sandy Regier, Overland Park, Kan. (not pictured above) Read about the Regier family in our 2016 Conquest magazine
- Jack Ryan, Manhattan, Kan.
- Bill D. Snyder, MA, K-State Head Football Coach, Manhattan, Kan. (not pictured above)
- JCRC interim director & assoc. director Keith Chapes, PhD, & Mark Weiss, PhD (not pictured above)
Emeritus Council Members
- Former Kansas Governor John Carlin, Manhattan, Kan.
- R. Clay Harvey, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- Ed Petrik, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- James M. and Cibyl C. Ronen, St. John, Kan.
- William Stamey, PhD, Manhattan, Kan.