The application period for this position has ended.
Assistant to the Director
Johnson Cancer Research Center
Kansas State University
Duties of this full-time position:
- Assist the director of the center in planning and performing center activities, and maintain a calendar pertaining to these activities. This includes logistics for center events, such as arranging venues, hotel rooms and banquets, and preparing invitations.
- Serve as contact for donors and potential donors, affiliated faculty members, students, supporters planning fundraising events, and advisory council members.
- Maintain an overview of the center financial resources and help plan award disbursements.
- Serve as office manager for the center. Ensure day-to-day smooth functioning of the center, to include arranging repairs, maintaining office supplies and equipment, overseeing the center computer network, and arranging payment for services.
- Supervise classified employees responsible for data base management and financial activities and perform annual evaluations.
- Supervise the process of thanking supporters and presenting related information to the director.
- Cooperate with other campus entities, providing information about center as needed.
- Maintain records of center activities and financial matters and report them to director.
- Manage center mailings.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Administrative experience
- Experience in personnel management
- Sophisticated level of experience with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Five or more years administrative experience
- Experience working in a university setting
Salary: $38,000 - $43,000
Submit letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information of three references to Dr. Rob Denell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening begins July 25 and is anticipated to end by August 8.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.