We are grateful to the individuals, organizations and businesses who so generously and enthusiastically support K-State cancer research and education. Here, we recognize a few outstanding supporters.
We are also grateful to these other radio stations for airing our Coach Bill Snyder public service announcement all over the state and beyond: KCSP 610 Sports in Kansas City, Ad Astra Radio, Connoisseur Media, Eagle Communications, Many Signals Communications, Rocking M Radio, Seward County Broadcasting and Mid-America Ag Network/Steckline Communications, Taylor Communications, Cumulus Broadcasting and Fort Scott Broadcasting.
Several K-State student organizations consistently support our center:
- Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity has fundraisers like prize drawings, barbecues, and more, and helps us with activities.
- Phi Eta Sigma freshman honorary has an annual bowling tournament and other supportive activities.
- Cats for a Cure club has fundraisers and helps us with a variety of activities.
- Sigma Alpha professional agriculture sorority has helped with KVRA's Tough Enough to Wear Pink rodeo and our Pink Power Luncheon.
- K-State Cancer Fighters help with all kinds of outreach and fundraising activities.
Dave Lewis and friends throw the groovy Pink & Purple Polyester Party!
Mason’s Wish is the fundraising campaign of Mason Wolfe, whose father has been battling cancer since 2007. She and her mom Nancy sell candles and other items, and partner with Western States Fire Protection on a golf tournament, to raise money for our center. In 2009, at only 12 years of age, she made her first donation of $11,000! They have raised more than $100,000 for the center as of fall 2017! She has won awards recognizing her charitable service, including the Everyday Hero Award presented by Denver Channel 7 (video below). Read more about the Wolfes in our 2014 Conquest magazine.