The Johnson Cancer Research Center has two advisory councils. The Cancer Research & Education Advisory Council, established in 1980, consists of volunteers who provide guidance from the medical, corporate, and private sectors. The Scientific Advisory Council guides K-State's cancer research endeavors. The council members have been valuable team players, and their willingness to provide energy and guidance to the center is greatly appreciated by the center's faculty, students and staff.
Cancer Research & Education Advisory Council members:
(in alphabetical order)
- Trent Armbrust, MS, Manhattan, Kan.
- Brent Benkelman, DDS, Manhattan, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Bryan Costantino, MBA, MS, Naples, Fla.
- Edie Dahlsten, Lindsborg, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Hank Doering, MD, Manhattan, Kan.
- Kent Glasscock, Manhattan, Kan.
- James N. Haymaker, MBA, K-State Alumni Fellow, Key West, Fla.
- Mary Jo Heyka, RN, Council Grove, Kan.
- Mike & Elaine Jacobson, PhDs, Fort Worth,Tex. Read about the Jacobsons in our 2013 Conquest magazine
- Ken Jennison, Salina, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Clifton C. Jones, MD, Topeka, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Robert J. Kinders, PhD, K-State Alumni Fellow, Walkersville, Md. Read about Dr. Kinders in our 2016 Conquest magazine
- Dave Lewis, Manhattan, Kan.
- Maj. Gen. Harvey McCarter, USAFR, Ret., Fairview, Tex.
- Lorene Oppy, Manhattan, Kan.
- Sandy Regier, Overland Park, Kan. Read about the Regier family in our 2016 Conquest magazine
- Bill D. Snyder, MA, Manhattan, Kan. (not pictured above)
- Ann Clow Swirczynski, Aubrey, Tex.
- JCRC interim director Keith Chapes, PhD, and associate director Mark Weiss, PhD (not pictured above)
- Former Kansas Governor John Carlin, Manhattan, Kan.
- R. Clay Harvey, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- Beverly Lueers, Topeka, Kan.
- Albert Perry, MS, Potomac, Md.
- Ed Petrik, MD, Topeka, Kan.
- James M. and Cibyl C. Ronen, St. John, Kan.
- William Stamey, PhD, Manhattan, Kan.
Scientific Advisory Council
- Frank Blecha, University Distinguished Professor, Associate Dean for Research, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University
- Elaine Jacobson, PhD, Co-Founder, President, Chief Scientist, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Niadyne, Inc.
- Bob Kinders, PhD, Director of Pharmacodynamics, Frederick National Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Treatment & Diagnosis
- Beth Montelone, PhD, Associate Vice President for Research, Kansas State University